OPERE ARTISTICHE

In the seventeenth century, the fresco was buried in the raising of the hospice that was continually flooded by the floods of the Savio and the nearby ditch. Today it can again be admired inside the restaurant "Cenacolo Santa Lucia".

Read More

This splendid fresco of Tuscan art dating from the second half of the fifteenth century is conserved in the parish church of Poggio alla Lastra and depicts the Madonna and Child with Saints Peter and Paul, to whom the church is dedicated.

Read More

The work is attributed to Francesco Rosselli (Florence 1448 - 1513 circa), a Florentine second-floor painter who worked faithfully following the teaching of Alessandro Allori.

Read More

Along the right wall of the Church of S. Silvestro stands an elegant and solemn chapel dedicated to the Madonna and dated 1515: one of the most significant examples of Tuscan stone furnishings in the upper Savio valley.

Read More

A polychrome, wooden Cross dating from the fifteenth century hangs in the fifth chapel on the right-hand side of the Basilica of Bagno di Romagna

Read More

This imposing and impressive Crucifix (251 x 125 x 22 cm) was probably created by Girolamo della Robbia (1488-1566), the son of Andrea, between 1530 and 1566. The sculpture is in glazed terracotta that beautifully preserves the original polychromes and brilliant glaze.

Read More

It was performed by an anonymous Florentine painter towards the end of the sixteenth century.

Read More

This relief (93 x 64 x 19 cm) depicts the Madonna in half length with the Child and is after a terracotta, the "Kress Madonna" (around 1405), conserved in the National Gallery of Washington (Kress Collection) and discussed by Ghiberti and the young Donatello who was still working in his master's workshop: this relationship is important as it is one of the most significant examples of the return to painted terracotta that involved artists of the calibre of Ghiberti and Donatello.

Read More

Inside the Basilica di S. Maria Assunta the lustre of gold leaf shines from the panel of the “Madonna with Child (around 1420) that is clearly Florentine in style and has been attributed to the so-called "Maestro di Sant'Ivo".

Read More

In a sandstone tabernacle on the wall of the Basilica of S. Maria is placed a bronze statue depicting the "Madonna with Child" (1996), by the sculptor Cesarate Ilario Fioravanti (1922 - 2012).

Read More

An altarpiece depicting the "Madonna and Child with Saints" is conserved in the chapel on the right-hand side of the parish church of S. Piero in Bagno. This altarpiece is dated 1495 and signed "IULIUS"

Read More

On the left wall of the parish church of S. Silvestro in Fontechiusi is placed an altarpiece depicting the "Madonna with Child, St. Nicholas and St. James", also called Madonna del Latte because the Bimbo nurses the Mother.

Read More

In the second altar on the left of the Basilica di Bagno is displayed the oil on panel (231 x 191 cm) depicting "The Madonna with Child and Saints John the Evangelist and John the Baptist", balanced and reminiscent of early sixteenth and Mannerist memories.

Read More

In the third chapel on the left of the Basilica di Bagno di Romagna the miraculous image of the "Blessed Virgin of the Blood" or "Madonna del Sangue" is venerated.

Read More

A fresco depicting a Madonna with Child and St. Catherine of Alexandria is conserved on the altar of the Sanctuary of Corzano. This fresco has been attributed to an unknown artist from Romagna of the late Gothic period, who worked in the middle of the fifteenth century.

Read More

The three canvases, coming from the suppressed monastery of S. Felicita in Florence, were transferred to Bagno di Romagna in 1874 by the RR. Galleries and Museums of Florence. All are before 1629.

Read More

This crowded painting, oil on canvas, depicting the "Nativity with Saints and Angels" is on the second altar on the right of the Basilica in Bagno di Romagna.

Read More

This beautiful polychrome terracotta statue was created around 1490 by Andrea di Marco della Robbia (1435-1525), probably on commission from the Camaldoli monks in Bagno di Romagna.

Read More

The Blessed Giovanna da Bagno, dear to popular devotion, lived during the high Middle Ages in a female hermitage of the area according to the rules of the Camaldolese order. His body is kept in a glass case inside the Basilica, in the first chapel on the left.

Read More

At the centre of the apse of the Basilica of Bagno di Romagna stands the triptych of Neri di Bicci (1419-1492), who was the last artist to work in a workshop that produced much fine work in Florence between the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.

Read More

The 14 bronze stations of the "Via Crucis", located along the mule track that from S. Piero in Bagno reaches Corzano (1 km), were performed (1990) by the sampierano artist, but Florentine by training, Carmelo Puzzolo, class 1934.

Read More