CASTELLI, TORRI, CAMPANILI

Next to the centuries-old Basilica of S. Maria Assunta di Bagno di Romagna stands a bell tower, compact and austere, 32 meters high. According to some historians it was one of the two towers that defended the medieval "castrum".

Read More

Imposing remains of the façade, main tower, a cistern and the foundations of the fortress of a castle that belonged to the Counts Guidi of Bagno still remain on the Corzano hill. The castle was first mentioned in 1177 and in 1371 it was described by Cardinale Anglic who praised its strength and beauty.

Read More

Imposing ruins of a tower (about 20 meters high and 4 meters wide) and stretches of foundations, placed on another spur (579 meters above sea level) that rises north of S. Sofia on the confluence of the Bidente di Strabatenza in Bidente di Corniolo-Ridracoli.

Read More

San Piero in Bagno is the municipal capital, and on the Piazza Allende stands the bell tower or civic tower. In the sixteenth century the Community of Corzano bought a room - then called Palazzo del Pretorio - where to bring together the judiciary and, in the days of fair and market, the Captain and the ministers of the Court to do justice.

Read More