Restaurata dopo i terremoti del 1918 - fu ufficialmente intitolata alla "Beata Vergine delle Lacrime", che ne celebra la festa il 6 novembre.
The church, built on the design of the surveyor Vitaliano Pazzi, was inaugurated in 1956, the parsonage in 1962.
TEDESCOITALIANOINGLESE Nel 1785 la parrocchia di Monteguidi, appartenuta al "Nullius di S. Ellero", fu aggregata alla Diocesi di Sansepolcro, e nel 1975 a quella di Forlì. Rovinata dai terremoti del 1918-1919, la chiesa fu ricostruita dalle fondamenta in forma architettonica solenne: a croce latina, con due cappelle nei brevi bracci ed una loggia sul davanti con colonne e archi a tutto sesto, che si ripetono per tutta la lunghezza della navata centrale simulando una continuità. Sul retro s'inalza un massiccio campanile. 502/5000 In 1785 the parish of Monteguidi, which belonged to the "Nullius of S. Ellero", was aggregated to the Diocese of Sansepolcro, and in 1975 to that of Forlì. Ruined by the earthquakes of 1918-1919, the church was rebuilt from the foundations in solemn architectural form: a Latin cross, with two chapels in the short arms and a loggia on the front with columns and round arches, which are repeated throughout the length of the central nave simulating a continuity. On the back there is a massive bell tower.
In 1897 the parish priest of S. Piero in Bagno, Don Pietro Andrucci, entrusted the task of drafting a plan for a new parish church to the architect Cesare Spighi, to replace the previous church, which was small and unsafe.
The church dedicated to San Silvestro (Saint Sylvester) has been documented since at least 1299 when the congregation of Camaldoli took possession of it and provided it with a baptismal font (1302) and made it a parish church.
The church is in Poggio alla Lastra, a village in the municipality of Bagno di Romagna situated at the start of the Valley of the Bidente of Pietrapazza and one of the entrances to the Romagna side of the "National Park of the Casentino Forests".
The church and a section of the monastery of the Franciscan were destroyed by the 1918 earthquake. The first brick of the actual building, designed by Alfredo Tabanelli from Civitella, was placed in 1926 and the work ended in the 1941.
The Santa Maria Assunta Basilica in Bagno di Romagna, first quoted in 861, has gone through many changes across his history: Roman features are recognizable only n the outdoor. The chuch has got a single nave with the seven chapels at each side.