Teatro Garibaldi - cinema_teatri
Garibaldi Theatre in San Piero in Bagno
A small theatre existed in S. Piero in Bagno from as early as 1765. In 1900 it was purchased by the "Società di Mutuo Soccorso tra gli Operai ed Artigiani di S. Piero in Bagno" (Society of Mutual Aid of the Workers and Craftsmen of San Piero in Bagno) which dedicated it to Garibaldi (1907) after which it became a focal point for social, political and cultural life in the town. After the extensive renovation that followed the earthquakes of 1918-1919, the theatre was able to host theatre companies, operetta, concerts, and from the early 1930s, cinema as well. In 1953 it was converted into a cinema and then permanently closed in the early 1970s. After many years of abandonment it was donated by the last members of the "Società Operaia di Mutuo Soccorso" to the town of Bagno di Romagna, which was able to completely renovate it (2001) thanks to funding from the EU, "Romagna Acque spa" and the "National Park of the Casentino Forests". It now functions as a "conference centre" and hosts shows, concerts, film screenings and conferences. The theatre has seating for 136 and space for the disabled; a visible stage area 7.2 metres x 5.5 metres, overall area 7.3 metres x 7.5 metres; electrical system: 35 kW power consumption, 70 kW installed power; 2 dressing rooms for artists, bar areas, a cloakroom, director's area and props storage.
firstname.lastname@example.org Referent: Comune di Bagno di Romagna
Is located in the center of San Piero in Bagno. There is ample parking in the surrounding area
- The cost of the shows for the theater season is € 10.00