The small town of San Silvestro lays on a rock (514 m) at the confluence of two streams in the middle of farmed lands. Close to the main buildings is the rural settlement of Fontechiusi (471 m), which is the ancient part of the village, the place where a castle – today ruined – is already documented in 1105. San Silvestro and Fontechiusi used to be a typical country town: a few houses, the primary school (closed in 1986), a small cemetery, a lovely church enriched by valuable Art crafts. Today 156 people live in San Silvestro (the inhabitants were more than 500 in 1950). Still inhabited is also the close settlement of Valcava which still preserves beautiful architectures of Seventeenth and Eighteen centuries.