Chiesa di S. Giuseppe Artigiano a Valgianna
Chiesa di S.Giuseppe Artigiano a Valgianna
The church, built on the design of the surveyor Vitaliano Pazzi, was inaugurated in 1956, the parsonage in 1962. It was commissioned by the Bishop of the then Diocese of Sansepolcro to provide a more efficient religious service to the population of the vast parish of Crocesanta thickened fractions of Valgianna and Fossatone along the SP. 43, built in the 1920s; it was then made independent from the parish of Crocesanta in 1968 when a parish was created, with the transfer of the title from the suppressed church of S. Salvatore to Rio Salso then changed into S. Giuseppe Artigiano. From Rio Salso comes in fact the bell, of unusual format, on which in large letters is an epigraph - "FIAT DAD (...) ANGIOLO GIANNELLI GD SALVADORI IN RIO SALSO 1826" - and four reliefs: Crucifix, Madonna, a Saint , and holy seated. Under the Crucifix there is another writing to be reported to the founders: "Ignazio and Gio. Mugnai di Marchi".
BY CAR: from Bagno di Romagna you must follow the SP. 138 towards S. Piero in Bagno and then take the bridge on the right and follow the SP. 43 for 6 km.