Electric town laying on the so called "Poggio delle Corsicchie" pick and declining towards the Savio river amidst chestnut trees and farming lands. Conquered by Florence in 1404, Selvapiana was part of the Captancy of Bagno di Romagna since 1454. The most ancient part of the town aroused around the castle built on a stone pick (668 m), whereas in the lower valley developed the widest part of the town, made of two suburbs - "Chiesina" and "Casa" - joined by the church devoted to Saint Quiricus and Giuditta. On the ruins of the "castrum", destroyed by the Tuscans in 1535, there is today an oratory. In October every Sunday Selvapiana hosts a market celebrating the local chestnut.