CASE COLONICHE, MULINI

The Mulino Vicchi is the only working mill in the area. It was built in 1805 by Ferdinand Angeloni "on the left thigh" of the eighteenth-century bridge over the Savio River, but does not take water from the river.

Read More

The nucleus is in concession to the Casentinesi Forest National Park which has restored the buildings, arranged the millstones, raised an environmental education center and a structure used for hospitality. The structure is temporarily closed.

Read More

Perfectly restored, the nucleus preserves all the machinery of the mill and the mulcher, even if they are not functional, together with objects and testimonies of the life and activity of this small production center.

Read More

The seventeenth-century Ca 'di Gianni farmhouse was joined by the owner in 1880. It also retains the machinery of an old workshop, a sawmill and a mill driven by hydraulic power, still functioning.

Read More

The large manor house was built in 1892 by Giovanni Giannelli (1841-1905): a classic manor house, finely finished, which towers over the ridge where the ancient nucleus of Rio Salso is located.

Read More