Shrine of Our Lady of Corzano
The sanctuary, place on the top of the Corzano hill (678 m) at the end of the Savio Valley, was established in the Nineteenth century to preserve and worship an icon of "Virgin with Jesus" painted within a Fifteenth century fresco which used to decorate a wall within the former castle of the place. In 1835 the Virgin, invoked by the folk, stopped the strong earthquakes. To prove their devotion the folk started the works that has gradually changed the landscape of the hill. Today the sanctuary is a relaxing place that ideally suites those willing to chill out. There faith, history and pilgrimages mix with each other.
BY CAR: from Piazza Allende in S. Piero in Bagno take Via Verdi and then take the left fork towards Corzano (2 km). ON FOOT: it can also be reached on the tracks and pathways that start in both Bagno di Romagna and S. Piero in Bagno (CAI Trail 193 and Val di Bagno Trek).
- OpeningMay to October