The small town lays beside the small stream of Larciano, which is a right hand side affluent of Savio. The church, first documented in 1229 and twice destroyed by earthquakes in 1784 and 1918, was reconsecrated in 1923: it has got a nave with three altars and it has been ruled by the Franciscan Friars from San Piero since 1959. From the church square a road brings to the former town, still inhabited, where ruins of the former castle, documented in 1216 and 1371, are still present. The architecture is homogeneous due to the steady use of the sandstone. A few steps beyond there is the "Chapel of the Crucifix", built by the effort of the locals believers that still worship an image of the Crucifix frescoed on the altar, which was heavily repainted in modern times.