This double-arched bridge spans the Rio torrent, which is the left tributary of the Savio River. It was built on the orders of the Grand Duke of Tuscany Pietro Leopoldo between 1775 and 1780, while previously the Rio torrent had to be dangerously forded.
La fontana si trova nei giardini di S. Piero in Bagno, di fronte alla sede municipale. E' opera dello scultore Andrea Cascella che l'ha intitolata Mosè e definita "scultura con fontana".
E' posto davanti al cimitero, sulla mulattiera che collegava Pietrapazza a Ridracoli, passando per Siepe dell'Orso e Casanuova (Sentiero CAI 207).
This two-arched bridge over the Savio River was built on the orders of the Grand Duke of Tuscany Pietro Leopoldo between 1762 and 1768 to replace a dangerous and difficult "wooden bridge made of three sections with two blocks in the middle to support the beams".
E' collocato sul Fosso di Rio Salso, vicino alla sua confluenza nel Bidente di Pietrapazza, poco sotto Ca' di Veroli.
The fountain named "Acqua: fonte di bellezza" (Water: source of beauty) is the work of the sculptor from Cesena Leonardo Lucchi and continues the great tradition of gracefulness.
This single-arch stone bridge is one of the most interesting constructions at Ridracoli. In 1816 the district engineer from Rocca S. Casciano, Giulio Gentili, drew up two plans for a bridge over the Bidente River at Ridracoli: one was a wooden bridge, like the previous one that had been destroyed that year by flood waters, while the other was a low-arched stone bridge.