CASE COLONICHE, MULINI

Back

Vicchi mill in S. Piero in Bagno

Vicchi mill in S. Piero in Bagno

The Mulino Vicchi is the only working mill in the area. It was built in 1805 by Ferdinand Angeloni "on the left thigh" of the eighteenth-century bridge over the Savio River, but does not take water from the river. In fact, it is "a flowing channel with no water catchment area" and used the waste water from a long canal (now covered) coming from the old mill of Corzano", which until then had been the only public mill serving the community. In 1826 the miller was Valgiusti Marco and in 1880 Baldassarre Locatelli, whose son Bernardo purchased the mill in 1895 from the heirs of the Countess Teresa Angeloni Goretti. In the 1930s it became property of the Vicchi family that still owns it today. It acquired electricity in the 1980s and is still in operation, grinding corn and chestnuts. The variety of products you can now buy directly from the mill has expanded to include wheat flour, dried chestnuts, pulses and cereals for farm animals and pets.

Address
San Piero in Bagno - Via Marconi, 40 - 47021 Bagno di Romagna (FC)
Contacts
Telephone: 0039 0543917273 - Fax: 0039 0543917273

Getting here

The mill is in S. Piero in Bagno, at the end of Via Marconi, between the hospital and the Savio river.
 

Hours and rates
  • Opening
    Open to the public for sale every weekday
lun, 12 giu 2017 09:11:49 +0000