MONUMENTI ALLA MEMORIA

Back

Monumento ai Caduti di Valgianna


Monumento ai Caduti di Valgianna

The Chapel or monument to the Fallen of Valgianna is located 500 meters from the parish church of Valgianna, along the SP. 43 per km. 4.00. It was erected on the initiative of the parish priest, Don Cesare Sampaoli, in 1926 to commemorate the 18 citizens of the parish of Crocesanta - to which the area belonged at the time - fallen from the world war of 1915-18. There were then added the names of other dead ex-combatants of the Great War, and in 1968 another plaque that lists the deaths of the war from 1940 to 1945.

Getting here

BY CAR: from Bagno di Romagna follow in the direction of S. Piero in Bagno la SP. 138 then take on the right, with a bridge over the Savio, the SP 43 up to Valgianna (km.4).

gio, 14 feb 2019 15:26:28 +0000