OPERE ARTISTICHE

Back

Crocifisso del Soccorso (1510) a S. Piero in Bagno


Crocifisso del Soccorso (1510) a S. Piero in Bagno

Oil on canvas depicting the Crucifix, executed by a Bolognese painter around 1510. Preserved in the now disappeared oratory of S. Maria del Ponte, it was called "del Soccorso" for having preserved the land of S. Piero from the scourge of earthquakes. in the bathroom; in 1745 it was transported to the propositural church. In 1773 the painting was cut and inserted into a heavy walnut cross, then in 1775 inserted into an elegant silver frame. After the catastrophic earthquake of 17 July 1781, the population established the "Feast of the Crucifix", celebrated then as today on the first Sunday of July, during which it is solemnly carried in procession through the streets of the village. Restored in 1998, it is placed on the high altar.

Address
San Piero in Bagno - Largo Moutiers, n° 1 - 47021 Bagno di Romagna (FC)
Getting here

The parish church of San Piero in the bathroom is 3 km from Bagno di Romagna.

ven, 15 feb 2019 09:44:47 +0000