CHIESE, PIEVI, BATTISTERI

Back

Chiesa di S. Maria a Monteguidi

Chiesa di S. Maria a Monteguidi

In 1785 the parish of Monteguidi, which belonged to the "Nullius of S. Ellero", was aggregated to the Diocese of Sansepolcro, and in 1975 to that of Forlì. Ruined by the earthquakes of 1918-1919, the church was rebuilt from the foundations in solemn architectural form: a Latin cross, with two chapels in the short arms and a loggia on the front with columns and round arches, which are repeated throughout the length of the central nave simulating a continuity. On the back there is a massive bell tower. It was consecrated on November 15, 1930. Today it is part of the priory of Poggio alla Lastra, and is occasionally officiated.

Address
Monteguidi - Via Monteguidi, 1 - 47021 Bagno di Romagna (FC)
Contacts
Telephone: 0039 0543970159

Getting here

BY CAR: from S. Piero in Bagno take the tortuous SP. 26 that for Passo del Carnaio leads to S. Sofia, in the Val Bidente, and runs up to 10 km. On the other hand, coming from Forlì, in S. Sofia, you follow the SP. 26, for about 5 km.

mer, 13 feb 2019 11:09:58 +0000